Whether you are planning a small intimate ceremony in the UK or a large destination wedding overseas, a wedding is special moment in our life to treasure forever. More than just smiles and laughter, weddings are packed full of raw emotion, symbolism, intimacy, celebration and spontaneous unscripted moments. Each wedding is the product of a unique love story, and one I never tire of telling through my photography.
When it comes to me photographing your wedding, distance is no barrier. I love travelling across the UK, discovering new venues, and meeting new inspiring people. I’ve also been fortunate enough to take my wedding photography overseas – covering weddings in locations as diverse as Australia, Ibiza, Mexico and Monaco. Regardless of when and where, if you like my work and are getting married then do get in touch.
My style of wedding photography can be described as natural, documentary or reportage. This means that the emphasis is on taking beautiful photographs of your special day as it unfolds. For me the authenticity and credibility of the images I take is very important. During the day I will occasionally stop and show you images on the back of my camera – no photoshop or faddy filters.
The majority of couples are understandably nervous about having their picture taken. I was the same on my own wedding day and I know how important it is to find someone that will put you at ease. For this reason my approach is totally focused on you being able to relax and enjoy your wedding day.
Most newlyweds appreciate the opportunity to have some time out during their wedding day. Working with your own natural body language, I’ll spend a short period of time with you both to create some beautiful creative portraiture to complement the more documentary footage from the day.
My clients appreciate the flexible approach I take to photographing their wedding, recording the key moments as they occur, and giving you the time and space to relax and soak up the atmosphere.
What you get:
- Me. It goes without saying that developing a rapport with your photographer is a good way of finding out whether they will fit in on your wedding day. I am always happy to put couples in touch with previous wedding clients if they want an impartial opinion
- A fully inclusive price designed around your day with no hidden extras or complex packages
- The opportunity to have an engagement or pre-wedding shoot – a great opportunity to get used to being in front of the camera and getting some great informal images of the two of you whilst having a bit of fun. The pictures make great wedding gifts too. Take a look at my Couples & Engagements gallery to see some examples. All wedding bookings receive £100 off their engagement shoot
- A set of beautiful images from your wedding. These are edited, colour-corrected where necessary and uploaded onto a password-protected gallery you can share with your friends and family. Where possible I like to provide you with a small selection of images in the week after your wedding to share online before you head off on your honeymoon
- A variety of ideas and options to showcase your wedding pictures – including beautiful albums and striking wall-art
- A fully professional, fully insured service including investment in two sets of the best kit (no cheap backup cameras) and a robust technology infrastructure to store and deliver images. I won’t bore you with tech specs unless you ask…
Want to find out more about my unique approach to documentary wedding photography then be sure to Get in touch.
For those of you viewing this post on laptop or desktop computers you can go full screen and hide this text by clicking the X towards the top right hand corner of this page.
UK and Destination wedding photography by Wimbledon-based London Wedding Photographer Richard Murgatroyd